Wednesday 19 November 2008

'Jizz' UPDATE

Further to my researches on the issue (ahem) of jizz, I discovered the following in Craig Taylor's 'Letter From The Editor', Five Dials #2:

'There I was', she said, 'looking up at some trees two-hundred yards away and wondering what they might be. I asked James, who was standing next to me, and he told me: sycamore. So I asked him how he knew, because from where we were standing you couldn't see the trunk or the leaves at all clearly. He just knew, he said. Just like when he could see a bird in the distance and had a feeling for what it might be. It's all about the jizz, apparently.'

(Momentarily confused by the word, I did a bit of research and found that, regardless of other definitions, jizz is a term used by birdwatchers and naturalists to describe a feeling, an intuition, that riginates from the briefest of glimpses. Jizz is knowing a bird in the distance, a tree in the dark.)
Emphasis mine.

No comments: