Friday 2 January 2009

In my father's house are many curmudgeons

Congrats to Tom Townshend, author of 'Worst Songs of the Year - 2008', for bringing the term "earworms" to MSN readers everywhere, and for penning the immortal line "If Dig Out Your Soul were a dog, the RSPCA would encourage you to shoot it in the face."

That said, I can't help but feel he's a little hard on Beyoncé's 'If I Were A Man' (nice use of the conditional there):

"Roll out of bed in the morning / And throw on what I wanted / And go drink beer with the guys... I would turn off my phone / Tell everyone its broken / So they think that I was sleeping alone..."
... is a perfectly reasonable reflection of the male half of the species. Or at least a decent summary of their aspirations.

[Thanks to KJW.

NB I do not read MSN sites...]

No comments: