Tuesday 9 June 2009

Re: The consolations of matrimony

The latest response to my anonymous friend's thoughts on marriage comes from another friend who may or may not be called Dee Dee and may or may not be of the female persuasion:
"A wife's not a sidekick! Wives have to do regular wife stuff, whereas sidekicks can have fun: adventures, mishaps, wacky inexplicable scrapes that only a rubber band and a working knowledge of vernacular Swahili can get you out of...that's the stuff I crave! I bet [INITIALS OF FAMOUS MOVIE STAR WHO DEE DEE PLANS TO SNAG WHEN WE'RE IN CHICAGO NEXT SEASON] won't let me do any of that! I'll have to just stay at home in his mansion, cooking and coming up with as-yet-undiscovered sexual positions (that's what wives do, yes?)."
This is getting interesting.

No comments: