Tuesday 11 August 2009

Minnie offences

My (gorgeous) friend/landlady Rebecca is (deliberately) feeling morbid today. At least she was, until she saw this news item, and sent it on to me:
Man Convicted of Groping Minnie Mouse at Disney

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: August 11, 2009

Filed at 12:48 p.m. ET

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- A 60-year-old man has been convicted of groping a woman in a Minnie Mouse costume at Walt Disney World.

John William Moyer of Cressona, Pa., told the judge he is innocent. His son said before sentencing that his father would never inappropriately touch a woman.

He was convicted Tuesday of misdemeanor battery and sentenced to write the victim an apology, serve 180 days probation and complete 50 hours of community service. Moyer must also pay $1,000 in court costs and possibly undergo a mental evaluation.

The victim says she had to do everything possible to keep Moyer's hands off her breasts.
(NYT - yes, really)

4 comments:

bexpatriot said...

Dom's only calling me gorgeous so he can keep sleeping on my floor rent-free, the mooch.

And as fabulous as this story is, I keep thinking that if there were a God, there would be a video of this incident. Tragic!

Dominic Hilton said...

Rebecca, darling, you really shouldn't let people know that. Really, it's humiliating. Nobody needs to know that you're not really gorgeous. At all. You do know that - right honey? Seriously, keep it to yourself. And never go out.

Oh, good job with the (albeit a little TOO exaggerated) joke about me kipping on your floor, rent-free, cos I'm a mooch, or whatever it was you called me, though. HAHA! I'm sure people will get big laughs out of that! You know, knowing as they all do that I'm actually like really one of life's complete and utter winners and everything.

Ahem.

p.s. Can I stay at yours tonight? I'm drunk. And stuck. I promise not to try anything this time.

bexpatriot said...

Oh my hideousness knows no bounds, it's a well-established fact. As for crashing, you know you're welcome anytime, dollface -- I even mopped the kitchen today, so you won't wake up with dirty-floor dust in your precious hair should you decide that that Spanish tile is preferable to the musty-carpet-over-bare-cement arrangement in the boudoir

Dominic Hilton said...

Quit revealing my filthy secrets already!