Thursday 25 September 2008

21st-Century Boy

In yet another addition to its manifold delights, Facebook now accepts traffic in Welsh, Finnish, Catalan, and English (Pirate).

Accordingly, my profile ('Me') now invites you to 'Spy Me Portraits', view 'Me Hearties' ('Peer into the depths' for a full list), 'Fashion yourself a doubloon' or check the contents of your/my 'Bottle o' Messages'.

My Wall ('Plank') still contains a full chronicle of my latest 'Scrawls' - and indeed the 'Scrawls by O'ers' (presumably they opted to avoid 'Scrawls o' O'ers' as being simply awkward to pronounce) - with the added bonus that rather than merely writing on Erin's Wall I now get to 'Pillage Erin's Plank'. I feel sure Cap'n Jack would approve.

[It should be noted, however, that the lubbers have failed to come up with a piratical alternative to 'Visual Bookshelf'.]

I'm sure I'll tire of this in time. But it won't be today.

No comments: