Monday 9 March 2009

Creaming my Gooner boxer shorts

I've been putting it off all morning, but I really must say something about The Arsenal's mindblowing display against Burnley at the Emirates yesterday.

All three Arsenal goals were absolute belters. Vela's first was exquisite, and Eboue's third was vintage Wenger-era Arsenal. But Eduardo's volley for the second was genuinely one of the best goals I've ever seen (it reminded me of a goal I scored myself against Farley House when I was ten - though mine was better). For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, check it out:



I say 'one of the best goals I've ever seen' because I would still rank Marco Van Basten's strike in the Euro 88 final as the best I've ever seen:



Even with the crappy picture quality it looks too good to be true.

No comments: