Saturday 7 March 2009

Heaven is...

I have to say it somewhere, so it's here. I'm in seventh heaven. Baseball is back. Spring training has lifted my spirits to soaring level. But even more so, the World Baseball Classic is rocking my world.

Couple of corking games so far today. The Netherlands upsetting the Dominican Republic is one for the ages. And the game just now between the US and Canada was an absolute belter. So damn good to see this mattering so much to both teams. I'm a huge supporter of the WBC. Loved the inaugural classic (I was livin in America at the time), even though too many Americans pretended it didn't matter (after being totally outplayed, frankly, by the smallball masters of Korea and Japan). Today, the Rogers Center in Toronto was packed to the brim, and the players really meant it out there. Canada took the nailbiting loss hard. The Americans were pumped (and I love the scrappy team of gamers the US is fielding - workhorses like Youkilis, Pedroia, McCann, Victorino, et al, are always gonna mean it for you).

Man, am I stoked. This is so damn great. Worth staying in on a Saturday night for. Kneeded some homemade sausage pizza, blended some fresh homemade pesto for the left over dough balls. Things are looking good right now. It's Panama vs. Puerto Rico. Hells yeah.

No comments: